Boys lacrosse falls to Sherwood 12–9
Girls lacrosse suffers first loss of the season to Sherwood 16–11

Girls tennis beat Springbrook 6-1 on senior night

The girls tennis team crushed the division-three Springbrook Blue Devils 6-1 in their final home game and senior night this Thursday, improving their record to 9-3 on the season.

Seniors Zoe Humeau, Ali Dane, Emilia Malachowski, and Maggie McGowan are presented with signed tennis balls by their teammates in honor of senior night. Photo courtesy Zoe Humeau.

The Vikings honored all four of their senior players, captains Ali Dane and Emilia Malachowski and Maggie McGowan and Zoe Humeau, with a ceremony and presentation before the match.

“Senior night was really fun with all of our friends there supporting us,” McGowan said. “The presentations were heartfelt and entertaining as always. I’ll miss the team bonding for sure.”

Dane occupied the first singles spot, losing her match 2-6, 6-7 and Humeau played at the fourth singles spot, winning 6-3, 6-2. After being dynamic doubles partners for two years, Malachowski and McGowan rekindled their relationship on the court, annihilating their first doubles opponents 6-0, 6-0.

“Although I was only on the team this year, senior night definitely showed me how much I’m going to miss it next year,” Humeau said. “I love everyone on the team and practicing together is always a blast because we get to have fun and play at the same time. It was a great season and I’m definitely going to miss my tennis family.”

The girls look to come out with victories at the Montgomery County Championships in the next couple of weeks.