Girls tennis goes on two-game win streak against Paint Branch and Sherwood

The girls tennis team has recently gone on a two-match winning streak, beating the Paint Branch Panthers 7-0 this Saturday morning, followed by a 4-3 victory over the Sherwood Warriors on Tuesday.

These victories have boosted the Vikings’ record to 5-3, bouncing back after a three-game drought, with losses to Wootton, Churchill, and B-CC.

“It actually felt great,” first singles player Sarinah Wahl said. “I think it restored our confidence in the matches.”

The Vikings swept the Panthers, with six of their seven matches ending in straight sets.  Three days later, the girls won all of their doubles matches against the Warriors and fourth singles player Ali Dane won in straight sets.

“The match [against Paint Branch] was an easy win, followed by a harder win against Sherwood, but we came through,” Wahl said. “The reason for this is we are a young team, and we try to play hard and learn from our mistakes to make up for the games we lost.”

The girls look to add to their winning streak when they host the Richard Montgomery Rockets on Friday.