Boys basketball beats RM 61-42

The boys basketball team shut down the Richard Montgomery Rockets for the second time this season, winning 61-42, Feb. 15, to improve their record to 15-4.

The Vikes came out slow, trailing after the first quarter but woke up to the in second, outscoring them 15-6 and taking a solid lead into halftime.

The second half was more of the same, with the Vikes never letting up their lead, especially in the fourth quarter- something that has been a problem of late.

Guard Kyle Depollar had his fourth straight 20-point game, leading the team with 22 points. Center Josh Fried was the only other Viking to break double digits, scoring 12 points and grabbing seven rebounds.

The first time boys basketball beat the Rockets this season, they only allowed a margin of victory of 24 points.

“We have played really well defensively against them,” guard Ben Castagnetti said. “We have been able to knock down out shots and hit Fried down low which has given us some easy baskets.”

With Blair winning, the team still sits one game back in the division with a huge matchup coming Tues. Feb. 18 at home against the Blazers that will have big divisional implications.