Ice hockey dominates Richard Montgomery,10-0

The ice hockey team kept its win streak alive on Friday night with a commanding 10-0 win against Richard Montgomery.

The Vikes have not lost in 2014 with five wins and one tie. After the win, their record is now 7-3-1, good for third place in the division. The same story can’t be said for the last place Rockets, whose record now falls to 1-11.

It was a similar game to the last time these two teams played when the Vikings completely controlled both facets of the game in a 10-1 win.

The Vikings’ domination could be represented by the shot totals by the end of the night. The Vikes finished with 75 shots, the most this season, while the Rockets only managed to get two shots on goal.

Forward Jeff Marr started the scoring for the Vikings, beating the goalie less than five minutes into the game.

Marr played a very strong game, leading the team with two goals and two assists. He remains the team leader in points with 17 this season.

Later in the first period, forward Clarke Gordon added a goal of his own making it 2-0 at the first buzzer.

The Vikings’ offense would then heat up, having scored four goals in each of the last two periods.

Defenseman Michael Voehl also scored his first goal of the season.

In a blowout like this, forward Will Moss said the team had to focus on playing its game to prevent any bad habits from developing.

“We played a good and simple game,” Moss said. “We definitely did not lose any momentum going into the final game of the season.”

The Vikings hope to continue their winning streak next Friday when they play rivals B-CC in the last game of the regular season. The game starts at eight at Cabin John