Boys basketball drops game to RM 63–57

[score id=”47837″ align=”right”]
The boys basketball team’s record fell to 5–3 after a 63–57 loss to the 7–2 Richard Montgomery Rockets Tuesday night.

The Rockets played the Vikings close from the start of the game. Going into halftime, the teams were locked at a 35-35 tie.

“We knew it was going to be a tough game coming out,” forward Jack Berson said. “They’re first in our section and our division right now.”

During the third quarter, Vikings forward and captain George Wilson was injured after a tipped ball hit him in the face. Wilson was sidelined for the rest of the game.

The Vikings battled for the lead until with 26 seconds remaining in the final quarter, RM hit a three point shot, extending their lead to four.

“I think we were the better team for 30 out of 32 minutes,” Berson said. “But by the last two minutes, George Wilson had gotten hurt, Max had gotten hurt, we were having foul trouble and we were missing our free throws. RM took control at the end of the game and they pushed the lead out to the final whistle.”

The boys next game is against the 3-6 Wootton Patriots on Friday.