Boys basketball overcomes Magruder 75-66

The boys basketball team improved their record to 2-1 Monday evening with a 75-66 victory over the now 1-3 Magruder Colonels.

[score id=”47425″ align=”right”]

The Vikings took the lead out of the gate, and had a strong offensive performance throughout the game.

“We got into our offense a lot more efficiently and moved the ball a lot better than we did against Prep, which was a big factor,” power forward and team captain George Wilson said.

Power forward Shaq Diboti-Lobe makes a dunk in Whitman's 75-66 victory over the Magruder Colonels. Diboti-Lobe lead the offense with 22 points. Photo by Luke Graves.
Power forward Shaq Diboti-Lobe makes a dunk in Whitman’s 75-66 victory over the Magruder Colonels. Diboti-Lobe lead the offense with 22 points. Photo by Luke Graves.

The Viking offense was lead by power forward Shaq Diboti-Lobe, who totaled 22 points in the contest.

Point guard Jack McClelland supported Diboti-Lobe with five steals and five assists, as well as 11 points himself.

The Vikings defense was pressured throughout the game, and tired by the final whistle—Magruder outscored the Vikings by six points in the fourth quarter.

“Our zone defense didn’t do that great, and it led to a lot of buckets for them,” Wilson said.

The boys now take to the road to face the 2-2 Northwood Gladiators Wednesday evening.