Boys volleyball stuns Springbrook 3–0

Houlihan announced as ‘preferred’ superintendent

Dr. Andrew Houlihan, right, recognizes Pin Oak Middle School principal Susan Monaghan, left, during a principal meeting, April 9, 2014.
Andrew Houlihan, who has been just announced as MCPS’s “preferred candidate” for superintendent. Photo courtesy Houston Independent School District

MCPS Board President Patricia O’Neill has identified Andrew Houlihan, chief academic officer of the Houston Independent School District (HISD), as the preferred candidate to be the new superintendent of MCPS.

“I want to provide an update to you on the search for our new superintendent of schools,” O’Neill wrote on her blog today. “The Board of Education is continuing the search process and has identified a preferred candidate for the position – Dr. Andrew Houlihan.”

Prior to joining HISD in 2010, Dr. Houlihan served as the assistant director of the Leadership Development Center in the Austin Independent School District and the director of the Education Leadership institute at the International Center for Leadership in Education in New York.

The MCPS board expects to finalize the decision by July 1.