Baseball wins third straight, tramples Rockville 10–3

[score id=”44391″ align=”right”]
The now 8–5 baseball team overcame an early deficit to trump the Rockville Rams 10–3 Saturday.

The Vikings allowed all three runs in the first inning, while scoring just one. However, they went on to dominate the Rams for the rest of the game.

Shortstop Ian Atkinson said that after the first inning, the Vikes became more alert, which allowed them to recuperate.

Pitcher Tyler Hwang was solid on the mound for the Vikings in their 10-3 rout of the Rockville Rams Saturday. Photo courtesy Adam Prill.

“We woke up and began to have better at-bats where we put the ball in play and forced Rockville to make plays,” he said.

At the plate, the Vikings tacked on three runs in the second inning, scored four in the fourth, and added two more in the seventh. The team also tallied a season-high 18 hits.

The Vikes cruised to victory after getting up the score.

“Once we took the lead back, we never really had any more issues,” Atkinson said.

On the mound, Tyler Hwang pitched a solid four innings, recovering well from the rocky start to the game. Reliever Ezra Pine came in for the final three innings, striking out seven batters.

The Vikings will host Watkins Mill Monday for Senior and Community Night, as they look to win their fourth straight game.