The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits
The evolution of tipping culture
Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1
The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing

Boys lacrosse defeats rival Walter Johnson

Midfielder Ross Koehn scored the first goal of the game. Photo courtesy of Ross Koehn

**By Mallory Frankel**

Varsity boys lacrosse defeated the Walter Johnson Wildcats 9-4, May 7, improving to 9-2.

Five minutes into the first quarter, midfielder Ross Koehn scored off of an assist from attacker Pat Slawta.

Midfielder Will Bumpers scored several minutes later, and added another goal early in the second quarter to give the Vikings a 3-0 lead.

With six minutes left in the first half, Slawta fed attacker Trevor Hains, who fired a quick shot on goal and found the back of the net.

The Wildcats scored their first goal with four minutes remaining in the second quarter, but failed to score again in the half.

The Vikings went into halftime leading 4-1.

Walter Johnson struck again five minutes into the third quarter, but the Vikes quickly regained control of the game. Slawta, who had four assists on the night, set up attacker Norris Philleo and Hains in the last ten minutes of the game to seal the victory.

Although the Wildcats entered the game with a better record, the Vikes showed that they can compete with the best teams in the conference and will be a threat to the top-seeded teams in the playoffs.

The Vikings will host the Clarksburg Coyotes May 10 in their last regular season game.