Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title
Boys lacrosse season comes to a close after losing to Churchill 12–5 in regional finals
Stop indulging in fast fashion and start promoting sustainability
Softball destroys Quince Orchard 16–6 in reigonal semifinals
The Black & White’s analysis of the Washington Commanders 2024 NFL draft
The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits

Girls tennis finishes season with succesful run at counties

The girls tennis team competed in counties last week, where third singles player Lauren Evoy and fourth singles player and senior captain Ali Dane made it all the way to the semifinals.

“Counties was difficult, however, we still put up a good fight as these were our first matches individually,” Evoy said. “Since each position was playing at different sites, this was the first time we didn’t have the outer support from our teammates.”

All Vikings won their first round matches, with second singles player Livy Meyers and the third doubles team of Anna Marcus and Olivia Matthews advancing to quarterfinals.

“Counties is finished, it is what it is, and I am very optimistic going into regionals,” Evoy said.

Evoy and the second doubles team of Miranda Tompkins and Emily Zitner will represent the Vikings in this week’s regional tournament, which determines who will move on to the state competition in May.