The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits
The evolution of tipping culture
Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1

Boys lacrosse improves to 3-0

Varsity boys lacrosse defeated the Gaithersburg Trojans 10-1, April 10, improving its record to 3-0.

The boys dominated possession from the beginning and produced numerous scoring opportunities but could not finish. However, the Vikes connected six minutes in with a goal from attacker Pat Slawta on a clean up shot that found the back of the net.

The Vikings added three more goals before the end of the quarter, two of which were only ten seconds apart.

The offense continued to control the game through the second quarter, where Slawta added another goal to give the Vikes a 5-0 lead going into halftime.

The Vikings started the second half strong, scoring just 30 seconds into the third with another goal from Slawta, who was assisted by midfielder Ross Koehn.

Koehn scored the next two goals for the Vikes, assisted by Slawta on the first and then by attacker Trevor Hains. The Vikes ended the quarter with a goal from attacker Will Deutsch with the assist from Slawta.

Slawta found Deutsch again early in the fourth quarter for what would be Whitman’s final goal. The Trojans scored their only goal in the closing minutes of the game on a fast break.

Although the Vikes have outscored their opponents 35-2 in only three games, they will face their first challenge when they travel to Churchill on April 13 to take on the undefeated Bulldogs.

Transfer Booey Ghani is expected to make his season debut at the Churchill game where he will pose as another offensive threat for the Vikes.