Swim and Dive earns division promotion after meet

The Swim and Dive team ended its regular season on a high note, with the boys winning the division and the girls coming in second place, Saturday Feb. 1. 

Both the boys and girls were at the top of their game, with the boys winning the championship by over 90 points and the girls losing by a slim margin of 7.5 points.

After having been in Division II this season, the win promoted the Vikings back to Division I.

The boys dominated their way through most of the events, with swimmers like Mike Sullivan, who placed a time of 1:44.37, rewarding the Vikes 20 points.

The girls’ meet was a nail-biter, coming down to the final 200 free relay. If victorious, the Lady Vikes would have won by 4.5 points, but despite their best efforts, the girls fell to Sherwood.

“Our swimmers had great times and the divers had great scores,” senior Kyle Campbell said. “We’re going to close out the rest of this great season in our last three championship meets.”

The meet also provided swimmers like Matthew Kellman an opportunity to qualify for metros.

The Vikes look to continue their success in the upcoming Metro, Regional, and State tournaments.