• Whitman Idol is being held on April 25. Auditions are March 23 and 24 after school in the Music Hall.

• The media center is looking for poetry submissions during April. Stop by the media center for more info.

Feb. 24 Sports Recap

Boys basketball destroys Northwood in their playoff opener

Guard+Joey+Squeri+shoots+for+two+of+his+20+points+against+Northwood+in+the+69-40+win+in+the+Vikes+first+game+of+the+playoffs.++
Guard Joey Squeri shoots for two of his 20 points against Northwood in the 69-40 win in the Vikes first game of the playoffs.

Photo by Katherine Luo

Photo by Katherine Luo

By Ben Levin

Boys basketball

The boys basketball team (16–5) cruised past the Northwood Gladiators in a 69–40 rout to open the postseason on Friday night.

The Vikings were able to keep the Gladiators’ offense in check, allowing only seven points in the first quarter, while leading throughout the game. The blowout tied the team’s season-high margin of victory, which came against the Gladiators in the regular season.

Guards Joey Squeri and Alex Sanson lead the offensive charge with 20 and 16 points respectively.

The Vikes continue their playoff run on Tuesday night at 6 where they host Churchill. The team suffered a 24-point in their last regular season outing.