• Come to CAVA on Bethesda Row on Feb. 22 from 6-10 p.m. Mention DECA when you order.

• Seniors! Search "Google for CSSI" to sign up for Google's Computer Science Summer Institute by March 2 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

• Tickets for the upcoming play - "The Crucible" - will be sold during both lunches for the next two weeks.

• Donate duffel bags, sports bags, and x-box games to the bin outside the office for women who have experienced domestic abuse.

• Sources of Strength is selling hot chocolate in the school entrance this week from 7:00 a.m. to 7:25 a.m.

Jan. 26 Sports Recap

Wrestling crushed by Churchill with only two match wins

Wrestler John Luke Iglesias pins his Churchill opponent in Thursday
Wrestler John Luke Iglesias pins his Churchill opponent in Thursday's match. Photo by Annabelle Gordon.

By Daniel Weber

Wrestling

The wrestling team (4–6) fell to the Churchill Bulldogs in a 59–12 home defeat.

The Vikings struggled to find their footing and came out with only two match wins by 113 lb Peyton Casamento and 126 lb Clark Boinis and one pin by 220 lb John Luke Iglesias.

“Churchill has a very tough team, and we just weren’t able to win many key matches,” Boinis said. “This loss can help mature our team and help us grow going forward.”

The Vikings travel to face the B-CC Barons and the Walter Johnson Wildcats in their regular season finale February 4.