• 'The Crucible' will be presented this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

• Anyone interested in corollary sports softball should attend the interest meeting in C-213 on Feb. 28 after school.

• Donate duffel bags, sports bags, and x-box games to the bin outside the office for women who have experienced domestic abuse.

Students nominated for All-Eastern chorus, band

By Carolyn Freeman

**by Emily Baker**

Sophomore Zachary Page and juniors Scott Kaplowitz, Emma Keteltas, Abby Lederman and Irene Solaiman were nominated for All-Eastern chorus and sophomore David Weber and junior San Hoi Forrest were nominated for All-Eastern band April 30.

In order to be nominated for All-Eastern, students must have already been part of the All-State chorus, band or orchestra for two years and consistently earn high scores in competition.

Page was shocked when he found out he had been nominated, he said.

“It’s definitely a big honor to be chosen, especially as a sophomore,” he said.

The nominees will audition for the All-Eastern band or chorus in November in Hartford, Connecticut.

Fewer than 1000 Maryland students are chosen each year, so the fact that seven students from one school were nominated is impressive, band teacher Terry Alvey said.

The nominees’ scores were in the top ten percent in the state, chorus teacher Jeff Davidson said.

Both teachers were thrilled when they found out about the nominations, Davidson said.

“We were like two little kids. We were very excited,” he said.