The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing
Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 10–9 in county championships
Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Football improves to 5-1

Running back Val Djidotor scored two touchdowns against Wootton. Photo courtesy Weston Hanessian.

Varsity football demolished the Wootton Patriots 35-6 on Oct 8, raising its record to 5-1.

The Vikings took an early lead and kept it, with touchdowns coming from running back Val Djidotor and wide receiver Michael Flack. The defense kept the Patriots scoreless the entire half.

The Vikes entered halftime leading 14-0.

In the third quarter, Djidotor carried the ball into the end zone on third down from the goal line and earned his second score of the night.

Almost immediately after the Vikings scored, defensive lineman Connor Gordon recovered a Patriot fumble and gave the possession back to the Vikes on the opponent’s 20 yard line. Running back Leo Doran scored to end the quarter, raising the score to 28-0.

Immediately after the start of the final quarter, Doran carried the ball into the end zone yet again, scoring his second touchdown.

The defense played a large role in this game and almost kept Wootton scoreless the entire game. Linebacker Tony Atkinson led the Vikes on defense and helped the offense numerous times by getting good field position.

However, the Patriots finally poked through the Viking defense with less than a minute left, bringing the final score to 35-6.

Next week, the Vikes return home to face the 4-1 Gaithersburg Trojans in a battle for the top position within the division.