Best buddies sing, dance, do magic at annual talent show

Photos by Camerynn Hawke.

By Camerynn Hawke

Best Buddies held their annual talent show May 8 in the WAUD auditorium in front of a crowd of around 50 people. For two hours, buddy families—made up of a student with an intellectual or developmental disability and one to four other students—sang songs, danced, drew portraits or did magic. Around thirty total students performed 20 different acts.

Club president Rachel Lerner has participated in talent show for four years and loved singing with her buddy, Lily.

“I love that everyone gets to have their own moment to shine,” Lerner said. “It’s great because some buddies love to have the spotlight on them, and this gives them the opportunity to be center stage and do their thing.”

About the Writer
Camerynn Hawke, Feature Writer
Grade: 11 Interests: Best Buddies, track, writing Why did you join the Black & White?  I joined the Black & White because I enjoy writing and researching interesting topics and being in a collaborative working environment. Why are you well suited to write/edit for your section or to perform your job? It was a natural...