Vigil honoring Jojo Greenberg

Students decorated a locker in JoJo's memory.

6,850 total views, 0 views today

Whitman will host a vigil honoring the life of sophomore Jojo Greenberg Thursday, Nov. 30, at 7 p.m. in the parking lot. Principal Alan Goodwin has asked that attendees bring their own matches.

Students are also encouraged to wear jeans to school Wednesday, Nov. 29, to remember Jojo.

Update: the Greenberg family has requested that attendees to the vigil wear pink.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Vigil honoring Jojo Greenberg”

1. alum on November 28th, 2017 11:22 am

*thursday

[Reply]

2. Hillary Onan on November 29th, 2017 1:30 pm

My daughter was in the same 5th grade class as JoJo at Forest Trail Elementary in Austin Texas. I want to share a story. She just heard about Jojo’s passing today. My daughter forgot her homework during the first week of 5th grade and was crying because she was afraid of getting a “slip up” . JoJo walked over to her and gave her a big hug to help her feel better. They didn’t really know each other before Jojo’s incredibly sweet and selfless gesture. There are many broken hearts at Westlake High School in Austin today. Please know that your school and Jojo’s family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Hillary Onan.

[Reply]