Boys soccer falls to Kennedy, 1-0

The boys soccer team was defeated by the 3-5 Kennedy Cavaliers last night, 1-0, making its current record 5-4-1.

This marks the second game in a row that the Vikes have lost to a team with an inferior record.

The Cavaliers scored late in the second half with 10 minutes left to put the game away, despite strong defense from the Vikings.

The Vikes had more chances on goal in an ugly kick-and-run game on the Cavaliers bumpy field.

Forward Ed Smith had a strong game, creating chances up front with his speed. However, he was unable to convert and score.

“Although we didn’t get the result we wanted, I think that we were able to improve some things that plagued us in our game against B-CC,” defenseman Jeff Rosenberg said.  “When the playoffs role around we’ll be ready to come out on fire.”

The boys have not had any issues controlling the pace of the games this season, but they have not been able to put the ball in the back of the net.  The team will need to play a more aggressive style moving into the playoffs if it wants to have success, Rosenberg said.

The team will face the 6-4 Walter Johnson Wildcats at home this Thursday for its senior night.