Boys lacrosse falls to Sherwood 12–9
Girls lacrosse suffers first loss of the season to Sherwood 16–11

Boys basketball ends season with 46-31 loss to Quince Orchard

The boys basketball team fell to the Quince Orchard Cougars 46-31 Feb. 28 in the second round of playoffs, ending the team’s season.

This game was the last for seniors Andrew Castagnetti, Daniel Lowet, Samir “Squeesh” Kaveeshwar, Billy Lee, Robby Lund and Liam Hatch, who ended their Whitman careers in a disappointing playoff loss to a team they had beaten earlier in the season.

The boys started off strong in the first half, as Lowet scored the Vikes’ first six points, and drained a three-pointer at the end of the second quarter to put Whitman up 20-18 heading into halftime.

It was all Cougars in the third quarter though, as they played stingy defense and held the Vikings to just four points. QO took a 35-24 lead heading into the game’s final quarter.

“Hats off to QO,” head coach Chris Lun said. “They executed well and deserved the win.”

In the end, an 11 point lead proved to be too much for the Vikes to overcome, as they fell 46-31.

The team was once again led by captains Lowet and Castagnetti who scored 10 points each. Guards Max Steinhorn and Liam Hatch both distributed well to keep the Vikes in the game until the very end.

“I love this team. They fought their tails off until the very end,” Lun said. “This senior class is special. They have helped bring Whitman basketball back to where it should be.”