Girls soccer loses 1-0 to B-CC in Regional Final

In a heartbreaking loss, the girls soccer team fell to the 12-3 B-CC Barons 1-0 in the Maryland 4A West Regional Final Nov. 5.

Midfielder Aliza Wolfe streaks up the field as the Vikings fall 1-0 to the 12-3 B-CC Barons, ending their season with a record of 12-3. Photo courtesy Tom Nalls.

The game started off well for the Vikes as the offense worked swiftly and strung passes together. They had ten close shots on goal that were blocked by talented B-CC goalkeeper Angela White, who stopped everything that came her way.

Late in the second half, Baron forward Eliza Doll struck the ball high into the right corner of the net, just above goalie Erin McClanahan’s reaching hands. Though they regained possession of the ball and upped the pressure on offense, the Vikes couldn’t score before the clock ended.

“I definitely thought we dominated the whole game, so it’s really unfortunate that that one goal changed the entire game and ended our season, but it was a good shot,” forward Natalie Andrasko said.

The Vikes ended their season with a record of 12-3, shutting out nine teams overall. The Washington Post ranked the Vikings ninth in the metropolitan area.

With the conclusion of the season, the Vikes will be losing seven seniors that played a crucial role in the team’s success.

“We have a lot of really talented seniors this year so we’ll definitely miss their playing ability and their personalities on the team,” Andrasko said. “Everybody contributed so much to the team and it will be hard to play without them next year.”