Triangle Blog: Tebow, Sanchez set to face off in New York

After Denver acquired future hall-of-famer Peyton Manning in a blockbuster deal, the Broncos dealt last year’s quarterback Tim Tebow to the New York Jets.  Tebow’s movie sent two messages to the Jets’ current quarterback Mark Sanchez: either get better or get out.

Sanchez has been the face of the Jets’ franchise for the past few seasons, and despite some deep playoff runs, he has been scrutinized left and right.

Quarterbacks Mark Sanchez, left, and Tim Tebow speak after a matchup between the Jets and Broncos last season. Photo from Blue Wave Sports Blog.

The biggest criticism he receives is that even though he gets the superstar treatment, he doesn’t have the superstar talent.

The Jets’ coaching staff have firmly stood beside Sanchez for the past few years, but without the results they’re looking for, the staff are finally putting the pressure on Sanchez to step up.

Despite what people think about Tebow, he proved last year that he wins games, and winning is all New York cares about. Tebow is ready to pounce at the sign that Sanchez is off his game.

In my opinion, Sanchez will deliver—not a Superbowl or anything, just enough to keep his starting job.  The Jets may throw Tebow in for certain situations to see if someone like him can fit into their offense, but Sanchez will remain the number one man.

Every team in the NFL this year seems to have something to prove, and without distractions like last year’s lockout, this season should be the best in years.