Triangle Blog: Can Tebow keep the magic?

I think we can all agree there is something about Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow’s ability to win, whether it’s a product of God’s interference or, though it’s hard to admit it, his talent.  But now it’s a question of how long his mojo will last.

Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow kneels in his signature position after throwing a touchdown. Photo from My Blue Grace Blog.

Tebow is coming off a huge overtime win against the heavily favored Steelers.  This win provides a major confidence boost for the whole team, but is it enough to beat the Patriots?

This question is hard because there are so many factors going into this game.  Tebow threw for 316 yards against one of the best defenses in the league last week and the Patriots have the worst defense of all the playoff teams.  So this could be a career game for Tebow if he continues to play like he has.

But there is that one imposing obstacle in their way: Tom Brady.  The man is God’s nephew (according to Jesus Christ) but the Bronco’s defense is relatively solid.  But the last time these two teams played, the Pats dominated, 41-23.

Taking all these factors into account, I believe that Tebow time has all but clocked out.  This game will be of biblical proportions but in the end Brady and his supporting cast will be too much.