Seniors win Battle of the Classes, sophomores second

Indiana Jones, Captain Jack Sparrow, Harry Potter and Darth Vader went head-to-head Thursday night at Battle of the Classes.

The annual pre-homecoming event pits all four grades against each other in a competition to crown the ultimate champion of the classes. The seniors won with a 120-point lead to the sophomores.

Senior Michael Flack leads the senior Battle of the Classes team into the gym Nov. 3. The annual competition during homecoming week pits grades against each other in a series of obstacle course and sports events. Photo by Billy Bird.

Though the juniors took an early lead, the seniors won the majority of the events. In a major upset, the sophomores beat the seniors to become tug-of-rope champions and came in second place.

“The experience was amazing,” said freshman Lizzy Buxbaum, who competed. “I was nervous, before but being surrounded by your school gives you such an adrenaline rush.”

The Guy Poms wow the crowd with their dance moves Nov. 4. This year's Guy Poms performed for the first time at Battle of the Classes. Photo by Billy Bird.

In addition to competitions between the grades, Battle of the Classes featured the debut of this year’s Guy Poms.

The event was a great way for the school to gather together and get spirited for homecoming, junior class president Jacob Rosenblum said.

“The entire team just synergized and created a power that was greater than the sum of its parts,” Rosenblum said.

Check out the photo slideshow from Battle of the Classes below:

[slideshow id=56]