Wrestling keeps undefeated season alive with wins over Magruder and Kennedy

The Wrestling team continued their dominant form on Jan 6, defeating Magruder 47-27 and Kennedy 81-0.

The meet began with 119 pounder Dylan Symington winning 6-2, giving the Vikes a 3-0 lead. Then, 125 pounder Eric Harder lost 9-3 following with a Magruder pin for the 130 pound weight class. The Vikes, trailing 9-3 in the match, stepped up their game with three straight pins from 135 pounder Jordan Tritell, 140 pounder Michael Harder, and 145 pounder Andrew Follman.

Then, 152 pounder Alex Hysong won a major decision 13-4 extending the Vikes lead to 25-9. The Colonels fought right back in the160 and 171 pound classes with pins against Brad Taylor and Thomas Oudinot making the score 25-21.

However, when the big boys came out the Vikes would not let their lead slip with 189 pounder Taylor Leighton winning 14-5, 210 pounder Danny Lee winning by pin and heavyweight Ned Daryoush winning by pin.

The Vikes, up 41-21, had already guaranteed themselves a win, but finished the meet with 103 pounder Jacob Rosenblum losing 9-3 and 112 pounder Sawyer Symington winning by pin.

The Vikes then took on the Kennedy Cavaliers and won with ease. 119 pounder Dylan Symington won by forfeit to start the meet. The Vikes continued their dominance with Eric Harder winning by pin and Ben D’elia winning 9-4. 140 pounder Mike Harder won by pin.

The Cavaliers forfeited the next two weight classes and then 160 pounder Brad Taylor won by pin. Another two pins ensued before 210 pounder Danny Lee won by pin. The rest of the matches were Kennedy forfeits giving Whitman an 81-0 win.

The Vikes look to continue their undefeated season on January 12 at Richard Montgomery.