Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1

Football falls to 3-3

The football team lost to the undefeated Quince Orchard Cougars, 31-10, Oct. 6, bringing its record to 3-3.

The defense remained strong with the Cougars inside the Vikes’ 20 yard line, as Michael Flack intercepted a bullet thrown to a Cougars receiver. The Vikes couldn’t produce a score, however, and the Cougars later scored the first touchdown of the game at the end of the first quarter.

The Vikes fumbled the ball on the opening play of the second quarter, allowing the Cougars to regain possession, which led to a four yard rushing touchdown to put QO up 14-0.

On the following possession, the Vikes fumbled yet again, which led to a 35 yard Cougars field goal, bringing the score to 17-0.

After an unsuccessful drive, the Vikes punted the ball, with Ben Miltenberg regaining possession for the team.

Soon after, the Cougars fumbled the ball, lighting a spark in the Vikes’ offense, and they scored a field goal to bring the game to 17-3.

Late in the second quarter, defensive back Brad Taylor hit the QO quarterback, causing linebacker Max Sessions to get an interception. With only nine seconds left in the half, running back Val Djidotor completed a 63 yard run for a touchdown. The score was 17-10 going into half time.

The Cougars scored 14 more points in the second half, giving them the 31-10 victory. Captain Arsalan Nejad left the game late in the second half with what appeared to be a concussion. He didn’t return to the game, and his timetable for return is unsure.

The Vikes look to recover when they travel to Blair to face the 0-6 Blazers Oct. 14.