Football defeats BCC, 35-0

The football team shut out the 2-2 BCC Barons, 35-0, Sept. 30, raising its record to 3-2.

Quarterback Michael Flack rushes through the BCC defense as the Vikes make their way down the field. The Vikes shut out the Barons, 35-0, for their third win of the season. Photo courtesy of Chris Hannessian

After a scoreless first quarter, the momentum shifted towards the Vikes. With 7:03 remaining in the half, quarterback Michael Flack rushed into the end zone from seven yards out for the first touchdown.

The Barons responded by returning the kick to their 47 yard line, but cornerback Justin Knighton got an interception to put the Vikes back on offense.

Only minutes into the second half, linebacker Arsalan Nejad ran the ball 10 yards for another touchdown. Soon after, running back Val Djidotor powered through the Barons defense and ran in for a 43 yard score to put the team up 21-0.

On the next drive, Flack followed with three rushes, the first two over ten yards, then the last for a six yard score, giving the Vikes the 28-0 lead.

The Vikes defense capitalized on BCC’s lack of offense when defensive lineman Joe Granger nailed the Barons quarterback from behind, sending the ball loose.

With less than two minutes left in the game, the Vikes scored yet again when Flack rushed in for a 13 yard touchdown, his third of the night, giving the Vikes the 35-0 victory over the Barons.

Although the Vikes performed well against the Barons, Flack knows that there is always room for improvement.

“We’ve got to fire on all cylinders to beat QO,” Flack said. “But I think our team knows that, and we are up to the challenge.”

The Vikes host the undefeated Quince Orchard Cougars Oct. 6.