Boys lacrosse falls to Walter Johnson in second round of playoffs

The boys lacrosse team fell to the 8-4 Walter Johnson Wildcats, 18-6, on May 14, ending its season in second round of playoffs. The Vikes had received a bye in the first round. 

**written by Jared Berul**

After a strong first quarter, the Vikes offense scored only one other goal for the remainder of the game.

Attack Sam Oshinsky played well, scoring two goals for the Vikes. Attack Mike Lancellota and midfielders Chirstian Sanson, Norris Philleo and Will Deutsch each contributed one goal.

The Vikes defense was weak due to the absence of defender Connor Gordon, allowing the Wildcats to move around and get easy opportunities and looks at the net.

The Vikes will return next season without any of this season’s starting defenders, but  Sanson believes that the returning players will fill those roles accordingly.

“We’re going to need the kids who didn’t get game experience to step up and fill the open spots,” Sanson said.

The future of Vikings lacrosse looks promising, with a new feeder program set up in hopes of getting younger athletes interested in lacrosse.

Off-season workouts and games are planned to get the returning players more motivated about next season.

With a lot of returning talent, the Vikes hope to be more successful in seasons to come.