The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing
Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 10–9 in county championships
Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Wizards’ new uniforms a small step in team improvement

No matter how poorly the Wizards perform this upcoming season, they’ll look pretty fresh doing it.

The 2011 Wizards are attempting to re-invent themselves starting with the uniform, blending the old Bullets theme of lines and colors and changing the primary color to red.  They even changed their logo to the Washington Monument on a blue backdrop under a star, as well as changed their lettering to match the Capitals’.  The new colors are red, white and blue to honor the team’s home in the nation’s capital team and also match the colors of the Capitals and Mystics.

“We are grateful to Adidas and the league for their guidance and support on this project,” Wizards Executive Vice President of Business Operations Greg Bibb posted on the Wizards’ website.  “Our new look pays homage to the past while pointing to an exciting future. Today marks another significant step forward for our team, our players, our staff and our fans.”

The jerseys are a good start, but the Wizards are going to need a lot more than changes in their uniforms to erase several long years.  John Wall was promising, averaging 16.4 points and 8.3 assists per game, and JaVale McGee was a big presence on defense as he averaged 2.5 blocks a game, although his offensive skills need honing. If the Wizards are looking to get to the playoffs anytime in the next few years, they will have to buy some more support for their potential stars.

The Wizards, with last year’s abysmal road record of 3-33 and overall record of 23-59, will need much more improvement in order to succeed than simply adjusting the way they look on the court.