Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1

Boys lacrosse edges out cross-town rival B-CC, 8-6

The boys lacrosse team defeated the 0-2 BCC Barons, 8-6 on Mar. 23, raising its record to 2-0.

Less than a minute into the game, midfielder Will Deutsch scored an unassisted goal, and then almost immediately assisted midfielder Christian Sanson with another, putting the Vikes up 2-0. Sanson soon scored another goal, assisted by attacker Trevor Hains with nine minutes left in the quarter.

At the 6:21 mark, the Barons, in their first possession of the game, ended its scoring drought with a goal, soon followed by another less than 30 seconds later.

The quarter ended with a goal by the Barons, evening both teams at 3-3 going into the second quarter.

Both teams went without goals for the first eight minutes of the second quarter. Midfielder Norris Philleo then put the Vikes up 4-3 with an unassisted goal.

Despite the team’s defensive efforts, the Barons were able to find the back of the net with less than two minutes left in the half, tying the game once again.

Sanson started the second half out with an unassisted goal, putting the Vikes ahead up until the three minute mark. The Barons then scored, resulting in the teams tying for the third time at 5-5.

BCC started with possession in the final quarter, but a steal by Sanson, who then scored a goal less than a minute into play to put the Vikes up by one.

The Barons had possession of the ball, but a pass was picked off by long-stick midfielder Adam Bevirt, and then stolen by attacker Sam Oshinsky. BCC was still able to score, tying the game at 6-6 with seven and a half minutes left of play.

It began pouring rain with five minutes left of play, but Oshinsky easily found the net, putting the Vikes up by one.

Attacker Mike Lancelotta then sealed the win for the Vikes with a goal with less than four minutes left of play, ending the game with an 8-6 victory.

The team will travel to Gaithersburg to face the 0-1 Trojans in hopes of furthering their record.