NBA MVP Race

1. Amare Stoudemire- New York has had the best turnaround season since the Celtics in 08. The Knicks success has mostly had to do with Amare having possibly the best season of his career. This yea, Stoudemire has been the most dominant player on the basketball court.
  2. Derrick Rose- Its only his third year in the NBA, but Derrick Rose is unlike any point guard in the NBA. He’s a scoring demon, with court vision equal to that of Rajon Rondo as well as other assist masters.
  3. LeBron James- He’s playing on a team with two other All-NBA players, but you can’t deny the numbers. LeBron is putting up numbers similar to those that won him back-to-back MVP awards.
  4. Dwight Howard- As usual, Dwight Howard has been a defensive superpower. With the loss of his fellow front court player, Rashard Lewis, Howard has had to double his role as a front court superstar. He is scoring with increased efficiency and is keeping the Magic at the top of the east.
  5. Russell Westbrook- Of all players on the Thunder to be on this list, Westbrook is not who I would have seen as a frontrunner for MVP. Every night is an adventure watching Westbrook. Whether he is driving into the lane for an easy bucket, or kicking it out to Kevin Durant for the wide open jump shot.