NBA Power Rankings

1. Spurs- The Spurs have the best record in the league by 3.5 games. Thought these old guys were gonna slow down? Think again.
  2. Celtics- Injuries are starting to accumulate for the Celtics. When they are all healthy, they are the best team in the league.
  3. Heat- After their crazy win streak, the Heat have cooled down considerably. LeBron’s injury has hurt the Heat more than it should have. When you have three of the best players in the league, losing one should not completely destroy your team. The team however, is still finding their balance.
  4. Bulls- Derrick Rose is having an MVP-like season. Rose is currently one of the frontrunners for MVP, even while he has been missing some key players. First, the Bulls had to go without Carlos Boozer at the beginning of the season. Now, Joakim Noah has been out for a considerable part of the season. Still, the Bulls are one of the top three teams in the east.
  5. Magic- The Magic made some major moves halfway through the season. Although the Magic are now weak at the power forward position, but Dwight Howard can make up any front court all by himself. With Gilbert Arenas coming off the bench, and Jason Richardson being added to the lineup, the Magic have an extremely strong backcourt now.
  6. Lakers- The defending champs have been all over the place this year. Kobe has still been putting up his all-star numbers, but isn’t quite dominating the way he used to. Even though they have been on a slide, the Lakers are still one of the most efficent teams in the league.
  7. Mavericks- Up until Nowitzki’s injury, the Mavs were the best team in the western conference. Since he got hurt the Mavs have not been quite the same, but once he returns, watch them rise back to the top.
  8. Thunder- The Thunder have two MVP candidates in their starting lineup this year: Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. The Thunder are the most dynamic team in the west, and there seems to be nothing slowing them down.
  9. Knicks- Amare is having the season of his life. Raymond Felton is running one of the most exciting offenses in the league, and Wilson Chandler has been one of the most improved players of the season.
  10. Jazz- The Jazz are a team that are flying under the radar. However, Deron Williams is again leading his team to a great position in the western conference. The inside duo of Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap has turned into one of the most dangerous front courts in the NBA.