Boys volleyball takes down Seneca Valley 3–1

Glee, Myself and I: Where did the Glee go?

This week’s episode was a little bit of a downer.  I never thought Glee would have any sad episodes, since it’s all about the music.  I’m not saying it was a bad episode, but I prefer the funny ones.

During the third episode of season two, Finn found faith in a burnt grilled cheese. Photo courtesy culturemob.com.

It starts with Finn making himself a grilled cheese sandwich and thinking he saw Jesus in the bread.  He then takes faith in Jesus (or Grilled Cheesus, if you will) and begins to pray to the sandwich as if it were God, believing it has special powers.  That was really the only funny part to this episode.

I don’t like that Kurt’s dad is in a coma.  I hope the writers don’t kill him off.  For Kurt to lose another parent would be too depressing for this usually upbeat show.  Death would make it difficult for the show to become funny again.

Glee club members saved the episode when they came together to “pray” for Kurt’s dad.  Even though Kurt doesn’t believe in God, it’s a really nice gesture.  But Kurt was too mean.  The Glee club visited Kurt’s dad in the hospital and sang for him and prayed, but the first thing Kurt said was “can you all please leave?”  I understand he doesn’t believe in God and he’s going through a difficult time, but did they have to make him so mean?  Even Finn, who has now accepted and embraced the fact that they are family, gets rejected by Kurt.

Mercedes was my favorite character in this episode for bringing Kurt to church with her.  Mercedes explains to Kurt that even though he doesn’t believe in God, it doesn’t mean he has to push away the people who do who are praying for his dad.

Last and definitely least, Rachel.  She’s still not scoring any points with me.  In this episode, she continues her controlling attitude talking about how she wants her and Finn’s children (of course she’s already planned out their lives together) to be raised Jewish.  I’m not completely sure why Finn said he agreed with her so quickly seeing as he’d just took faith in Jesus, but maybe he wasn’t thinking straight and he’ll come to his senses later.

This wasn’t at the top of the list for my favorite episodes, but it wasn’t bad.  Hopefully, the writers will get through this depressing phase and move back to funny, which is what really works for this show.