The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title
Boys lacrosse season comes to a close after losing to Churchill 12–5 in regional finals

Wrestling blows out Blair 61–12

[score id=”47716″ align=”right”]
The wrestling team won its final eleven matches en route to a 61–12 victory over the Blair Blazers Wednesday, reaching a 6–0 record.

The Blazers jumped out to an early 12–0 lead, taking the first three matches on a pin and two decisions.

However, those would be the only points the Blazers would score. The Vikings responded by winning the rest of their matches, including seven consecutive pins.

The team was able to learn from and correct mistakes made in previous matches, helping them to regain control of the meet, 182lb Chris Greenberg said.

138lb James Bamberger began the streak with a decision, and 145lb Hamoon Shokoohinia pinned his opponent in the first period. 152lb Mitch Fenton, 160lb Braedan McKee, 170lb Marcos Solloso and 182lb Ezra Alexander followed with pins of their own, giving the Vikings a commanding 34–12 lead.

Solloso said that the wrestlers focused more on motivating each other and bettering their technique throughout the week, which prepared them to succeed against the 3–3 Blazers.

Both Greenberg and 220lb John Luke Iglesias wrestled above their weight classes, but still triumphed with hard-fought pins, as did 285lb Jacob Winch.

106lb Chris Habibian and 113lb Clark Boinis rounded out the Vikings lineup, winning on a decision and a forfeit, respectively.

With the win, the Vikings remain one of only two undefeated teams in the county, the other being defending state champion Damascus.

The Vikings will next compete on Friday and Saturday at the Patriot Classic tournament, where six current wrestlers placed last season.