Summer concerts preview

In dire need of summer plans?  Just because you’re not traveling anywhere doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your summer.  Don’t miss out on these exciting local concerts.

The Black Eyed Peas- Topping the charts with hits “I Gotta Feeling” and “Imma Be” the legendary Black Eyed Peas are coming to the First Mariner Area in Baltimore as part of their E.N.D. World Tour Aug 10. With its high energy and the infamous Fergie, this concert will be one to remember.  Tickets are in high demand but can still be purchased on stubhub.com with prices from $59-$559.

Taylor Swift- The 20-year-old Grammy Award winner will perform June 1 and 2 at the Verizon Center in D.C.  Taylor Swift transformed into one of the most popular artists in the last few years. Her albums “Taylor Swift” and “Fearless” are both in the top 10 albums of 2009.  Even though her concert sold out in less than half-an-hour on the Verizon Center website, tickets are still available on gotickets.com for $69-$200.

Lady Gaga- Known for her unique fashion sense, powerful voice and hit single, “Bad Romance,” Lady Gaga will perform at the Verizon Center Sept. 7.  The 23-year-old took home Best Electronic/Dance Album for “The Fame” and Best Dance Recording for “Poker Face” at this year’s Grammys. This will be no disappointment.  Tickets start at $100 on stubhub.com.

Tim McGraw- Three time Grammy winner and country sensation Tim McGraw will perform at Jiffy Lube Live July 10.  McGraw, one of the biggest country stars of the generation, produced 30 number-one singles and sold over 40 million albums.  Tickets at stubhub.com start at only $19.

Green Day- Known for their 2004 hit “American Idiot,” Green Day made a comeback last year with their album “21st Century Breakdown.” The group will perform Aug. 11, with tickets at fansnap.com for $21-$225.

Dave Matthews Band (with Zac Brown Band)- The Dave Matthews Band will perform at Nationals Park July 23.  The Zac Brown Band will open for DMB.  DMB’s most recent album “Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King” debuted at number one on Billboard 200, the group’s fifth consecutive number one.  Tickets start at $85 on stubhub.com.

MGMT- The techno band nominated for Best New Artist this will perform Aug. 14 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion.  Tickets start at $50 on stubhub.com.