The same old catchy songs

While navigating the busy traffic on River Road at seven o’clock every morning, you may find yourself groovin’ to the same few songs on every channel. Though the songs may be catchy, one can’t help but wish for some new tunes for the drive, and that’s where I come in.

If you like “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift: “Curiosity” by Carly Rae Jepsen is a nice change. This upbeat pop song has similarities to Swift’s—not only in the sound but also in its message. If you love hearing about all of Swift’s relationship problems, this song will satisfy your emotional craving.

If you like “Black Widow” by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora: Try listening to “R.I.P” by Rita Ora ft. Tinie Tempah, an R&B song with some dubstep influence, perfect for jammin’ (safely) down the road.

If you like “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj: “Mercy” by Duffy is a great throw-back. Although this song is relatively old, released in 2008, it’s similar to Bang Bang but with a more retro, bluesy vibe. Even if you know this song, take the chance to go back to the simple days of khaki capris and Michael Phelps’ record-setting Olympic swims.

If you like “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne: Try listening to “Moments” by Tove Lo. The indie-pop sound and minimal lyrics combined with the upbeat rhythm sound very similar and evoke the same urge to get up and dance.

If you like “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor: Try listening to “American Dream” by MTKO. With the slow start and rapping, this song differs from Trainor’s, but the catchy, upbeat sound will have you belting out the words while driving.

These are only a few options to bring some variety to your daily dose of jammin’, and you, by no means, have to replace the songs all together. But a small changeup in the tunes can save you from turning into a hater who’s gonna hate hate hate hate hate listening to the radio all together.