Softball falls to Walter Johnson 7–4 in regional finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 in state quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in regional finals

Clarksburg junior Dahlia Huh elected new SMOB

Junior Dahlia Huh of Clarksburg High School was elected to serve as the next Student Member of the Board Wednesday.

Huh received 69 percent of votes, while her opponent Calvin Yeh received 31 percent, according to the MCPS website.

Huh is serving her second consecutive term on the SMOB advisory council and currently serves as Clarksburg SGA’s vice president. She is also the secretary of MCPS’s regional SGA.

The SMOB is responsible for voting with the other seven adult members on the board of education, excluding topics regarding boundary changes, capital and operating budgets, collective bargaining, negative personnel matters and school closings, according to the MCPS website.

“I value your concerns, suggestions, and ideas,” Huh promised on her election website. “As SMOB we would work together and fight for the issues that are important to you. With the students always in mind, I hope to represent our diverse interests as your SMOB.”

In addition to her leadership experience through MCPS, Huh is the CEO and founder of the nonprofit organization Good50 LLC, a search engine focused on helping charity. The website has been successful, raising 3,000 dollars for charities such as salvation army and the Himalayan Cataract project, as well as hosting over one million searches worldwide. Last year Huh also coauthored a children’s book with her sister, Sunmee Huh, titled “Gilbert and the Scepter of Silence”.

Sophomore class president Jenna Hosker said she was impressed with Huh’s leadership skills.

“I got a chance to meet Dahlia in person at a Montgomery County Region General Assembly and she came across as very outgoing and passionate about being SMOB,” she said. “I look forward to seeing what she has in store as the next SMOB.”

Huh’s term will begin July 1, succeeding Poolesville senior Justin Kim.