Lil Wayne arrested; trial postponed for removal of dental diamonds

Lil Wayne needs to remove $150,000 worth of diamonds currently grilled into his teeth. Photo courtesy of igossip.com.

Last October, rapper Lil Wayne pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon.  While his sentence was originally set to begin Feb. 9, the rapper’s entry was postponed due to dental surgeries. Lil Wayne wanted to remove $150,000 worth of diamonds currently grilled into his teeth, a painful procedure that requires eight hours of surgery.  He will serve his sentence at the famed Rikers Island jail complex in New York City.

Lil Wayne has been working hard to tie up loose ends prior to his farewell. He released a new album Feb. 2, “Rebirth,” which most recently was on the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine.

In an effort to remain close to the rapper while he’s locked up, his record label, Young Money Entertainment, has temporarily moved to New York. His record company wants to make sure Lil Wayne is up to date and a popular rapper even while he’s not around.

Wayne’s Sentence is set for 12 months, but good behavior could mean a four-month early release.