Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9
LIVE: Boys volleyball takes on Poolesville in second round of playoffs
Boys volleyball stuns Springbrook 3–0

Football earns first win of season against Kennedy, 28-0

The football team secured a 28-0 win against the 0-3 Kennedy Cavaliers Sept. 14, breaking the ice and improving its record to 1-2.

The Vikings defensive line showed its dominance against Kennedy, constantly pressuring the Cavaliers quarterback for the entire game. Photo by Daniel Schifrin.

The Vikings dominated on both sides of the ball for the entire game, leaving the Cavaliers looking lost in what was a very one-sided match-up.

Running back Zac Morton had a huge game, rushing for over 100 yards and recording two touchdowns.

The game’s first touchdown came on a quarterback sneak by Kevin McGowan midway through the first quarter, putting the Vikes on the scoreboard.

From there, the team continued to pile on touchdowns, with Morton scoring two and running back John Sullivan adding another with three minutes left in the third quarter.

Morton’s most impressive touchdown came right before the end of the first half when he wove through multiple defenders and leaped into the end zone, with wide receiver Billy Lee laying a huge block to ensure Morton’s safety.

Cornerback Justin Knighton made several important tackles in the first half, while the Vikings’ defensive line churned in a dominant performance.

“We played a complete and full game,” Morton said. “We did it for Coach Kuhn on his birthday.”

The team hopes to augment its record when it takes on the 2-1 Springbrook Blue Devils Sept. 21 at home.