LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z
Landon School hosts 70th annual Azalea Festival
Track and Field competes at county championships
Girls lacrosse outclasses Walter Johnson 11–7 in regional title

Brett Favre damages reputation with controversial messages

Favre sent controversial messages to Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger. Photo courtesy AP Photos.

He was the man who won three consecutive MVP’s, who earned a super bowl ring, who set seven NFL records and who played in a game the day after his father’s death. With the league’s investigation of his “sext” and inappropriate voicemails for Jets gameday host Jenn Sterger, Brett Favre has allowed his career to come to a disappointing and tarnishing end midway through the season.

Besides his repetitive and last-minute returns to the Jets and Vikings, Brett Favre and his supposed involvement with sexting and inappropriate conduct truly takes his career into a Tiger Woods-like stare. Not only is his wife diagnosed with breast cancer, but apparently Favre slept with two women associated with the Jets, including Sterger. Fortunately, neither the media nor the league is acting as aggressively towards him as Woods, but having such an allegation on his resume doesn’t help his chances for making the Hall of Fame.

These new accusations make Favre’s decision to come back to the NFL a horrible one. If he stayed out of the league following his last season in Green Bay in 2007, Favre would have completely avoided the mess that has unraveled. He would have retired from the NFL as one of the best quarterbacks to play the game, but instead he made decisions that ultimately led to a tarnished reputation.

Every summer, Favre puts the sports world in angst as he waits until the end of the offseason to decide if he wants to come out of retirement again while effectively skipping all of

training camp. His actions have consistently annoyed fans everywhere, and this new dilemma certainly won’t help him earn more support.

How can a man like Favre be so idiotic and unaware of his actions after making a controversial decision to come out of retirement and join the Jets? Once again, Favre and other players need to be aware of the implications of their actions and their repercussions on their lives and careers. Many family problems will await Favre once the investigation is over, and he could be headed towards a divorce similar to those of Tiger Woods’ and Lance Armstrong’s.