Glee, Myself and I: “Duets” is doubly amazing

This week was definitely at least twice as great as last week’s, and not only because the Glee club doubled up for duets. There were tons of upbeat musical numbers, the funny moments were funnier, and the strange things were stranger.

I take back what I said about liking Finn and Rachel.  Rachel’s “I’m selfish and need to change that” bit was just a bluff.  I’m not falling for her new do-gooder attitude, and it’s actually only making me dislike her more.

On the other hand, I’m a fan of Quinn and Sam.  I think they’re good together, and Kurt is trying a little bit too hard to get Sam.  I felt a little uncomfortable watching him go after Sam, because he just looks so desperate.

In the fourth episode of season two, Glee club members were paired off to participate in a duet competition. Photo courtesy daemonstv.com.

Kurt’s talent, though, saved him from utter inadequacy this episode. His solo from the movie “Victor/Victoria” was plain-out awesome, and he’s an excellent performer.

Brittany and Artie’s short-lived relationship was too weird for words.  The worst part was that Brittany really hurt Artie, which I hate, because Artie is one of my faves and doesn’t deserve to be treated like that.  I really just don’t understand Brittany’s character.  First she wants Kurt, then Finn, then Artie.  I mean, we all know she’s dumb as a brick, but honestly, she needs to go get checked out.  She’s in school, or at least it appears that way. She should have learned at least something by now.

Lastly, I’m not so sure how I feel about Santana’s character now.  I know it’s basically her only characteristic, but she’s getting almost as selfish as Rachel. I didn’t think that was possible.  And acting tough while wearing a bright red cheerleading outfit doesn’t really work.

This episode made a huge turnaround from last week’s downer.  The plotline was good, and the singing and performances were funny and creative.  Even though last week was a nice episode, I don’t watch Glee for the reality check.  It’s for the funny, the lights, and the action, and this week was definitely a worthy showing.