Class of 2018 turns their tassels

The audience at  graduation June 8 gives principal Alan Goodwin a standing ovation during his address to the class. This graduation was Goodwin's final as principal, as he retires June 30. Robert Dodd will assume the principal role starting July 1. Photo by Adam Hirsh.

The audience at graduation June 8 gives principal Alan Goodwin a standing ovation during his address to the class. This graduation was Goodwin's final as principal, as he retires June 30. Robert Dodd will assume the principal role starting July 1. Photo by Adam Hirsh.

By Rebecca Hirsh

Four hundred and eighty-seven seniors from the Class of 2018 received their diplomas in a ceremony at DAR Constitution Hall in D.C. June 8. Speakers at graduation included three students—seniors Claude Ayo, Madison Holt and Lucia Mitnik—and Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank. Graduation was especially poignant this year because of principal Alan Goodwin’s retirement at the end of the month.

About the Writer
Rebecca Hirsh, Online Managing Editor
Grade

12

What are some of your interests?

Journalism, STEM and swimming.

Why did you join the Black and White?

I joined the Black & White because in this day and age, it is important to learn about true journalism. By being on the staff, I am able to see the numerous positive benefits of connecting with a community by publishing articles that matter.

What's your favorite vegetable?

Carrots are my favorite food, period.