Eight ways to make the most of your senioritis

Congratulations, you made it to second semester! Juniors, you may not be too excited by the onslaught of SAT prep, college brochures and AP Lang homework. But for seniors, this is the home stretch.

So, since your (acute) senioritis has definitely kicked in by now, you’re going to need things to do to fill all the free time you used to spend reading English books and actually doing math homework.

Here are a few hobbies to consider taking up for the rest of the semester, and maybe beyond.

Hiking: Join the Whitman hiking club or go with your friends and family. Here‘s a list of nearby hikes, with information and reviews.
Origami: How else are you going to use all the notebook paper you’re not doing homework with? Maybe start off with a classic paper crane.
Yoga: Align your chakras (or something like that) before college. Try a local studio like Simon Says, or start with an online video.
Knitting: Or something equally crafty, like jewelry-making. You could even get a head-start on summer by digging your box of friendship bracelet supplies out of the attic.
Nail art: But please, for the sake of your friends’ sanity, don’t post every single design on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Scrapbooking: Keep all your high school memories in one (non-digital) place.
Online shopping: Clearly you need more stuff to bring to college!
Napping: Self-explanatory.

Maybe you’ll pick up a new lifetime hobby, or maybe you’ll just have a good excuse for your zero in homework. Happy second semester!