National News Roundup: A bankrupt bakery, Black Friday and BP

In this edition of National News Roundup, a popular blog raises money for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, President Obama begins a tour of Southeast Asia and consumers begin to stockpile Twinkies and other Hostess snacks before stores run out.

Black Friday: Retailers, shoppers preparing for big day
Retailers are preparing for a stampede of shoppers on Black Friday, some of whom have already begun camping outside of stores, eager to get the best deals first. Read more here.

BP agrees to pay $4.5B in criminal, securities claims by US for Gulf spill
British oil giant BP has agreed to pay the U.S. government $4.5 billion in installments over a period of five years for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the oil giant announced in a press release. Read more here.

Obama begins a three-day Southeast Asia Tour
President Obama launched a three-day Southeast Asia tour, hailing alliances with countries such as Thailand as cornerstones of the administration’s deeper commitment to the Asia-Pacific region. Read more here.

Hostess shuttering doors, ending era of iconic brands
The company that makes Twinkies and Wonderbread announced Friday that it had suspended operations at all of its 33 plants around the United States as it moves to start liquidating assets. Read more here.

Tumblr and photo blogger raise $100K for Hurricane Sandy relief
In less than 24 hours, a joint Hurricane Sandy fundraising effort from Tumblr and New York photo blog Humans of New York (HONY) has topped its goal of raising $100,000 for victims of the storm. Read more here.