The Black & White’s top 2024 Met Gala outfits
The evolution of tipping culture
Baseball advances to regional finals after beating Churchill 2–1

Model U.N. wins Outstanding Delegation prize

Seniors Jonah Nagrotsky, Vera Carothers, Bill Bode and Carolina Millan all took home awards for Top Delegate. Photo by Carolina Millan.

Model U.N. won Outstanding Delegation at the American University conference Jan. 28-31, their highest finish in the club’s history. The club, led by president Jonah Nagrotsky, received 12 individual awards, along with recognition as the second best delegation at the conference.

Nagrotsky attributed the successful performance to surprising contributions by underclassmen.

“This was supposed to be a transition year,” he said. “But eight out of the 12 people who won an award aren’t seniors.”

The club also features an experienced group of seniors to complement its younger members.One such senior is club secretary Bill Bode, who won best delegate in his committee. Bode noted that the club takes special gratification in performing well in local conferences.

“Doing well at local conferences is a source of pride in the club,” he said. “When schools come here from all over the country, it’s fun to prove to them how great of an organization we are.”

The club’s success at the conference is matched only by their second place finish at the Washington University conference last year. The club has performed increasingly well at each of their three conferences this year, and hopes to build on their success at the upcoming Miami conference, Nagrotsky said.