Going crazy for Kraze Burgers at the Korean chain’s first U.S. location

There’s a new burger in town — and it’s pretty crazy.

One of Kraze Burgers' specialties is the French burger, which features fried leeks, Swiss cheese and mushroom sauce. Photo by Carolyn Freeman.

Korea-based chain Kraze (pronounced “crazy”) Burgers opened its first U.S. based location in Bethesda in November. Though it is the third burger chain in Bethesda, it offers unique and creative fare. Bethesda is currently the only location, though another restaurant in Lansdowne, Va., is coming soon. The restaurant is also working on adding a dessert bar.

Burgers range from the standard Original burger to the French burger, a burger with braised mushroom sauce, fried leeks and Swiss cheese. In addition to the pre-designed burgers, the chef will also prepare made-to-order burgers. There are fifteen different sauces and several different kinds of buns and customers can mix and match, employee Tiran Hill said.

The new restaurant opened last month in the National Jean Company's old location in downtown Bethesda. Photo by Carolyn Freeman.

Lime-green trimmings inside the restaurant serve to represent one of Kraze Burgers’ core values, dedication to the environment. The company uses energy efficient appliances to minimize waste and help protect the environment.

Though the burgers can be more expensive than the more standard offerings at Five Guys, the increased variety and high quality is worth the price. The burgers are juicy and flavorful, and the wide variety of food offers an option for everyone.

Delicious gourmet burgers have become a Bethesda trend, and this new restaurant fits right in.