LIVE: Baseball takes on Blair in state quarterfinals
Bomb threat prompts evacuation of Walt Whitman High School
Girls lacrosse destroys Montgomery Blair 20–3 instate quarter-finals
LIVE: Baseball takes on Quince Orchard in reigonal finals
The TikTokification of music — a destructive trend
The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z

The rising popularity of UFC with Gen Z

Boys basketball takes first loss of season

The boys basketball team lost to the Bullis Bulldogs, 65-32, on Dec. 14, dropping its record to 2-1.

Small forward Daniel Voigt opened up the game with a two-point shot that gave the Vikings the early lead. However, the Bulldogs scored seven straight points to gain a 7-2 lead. The Vikings showed some life and tied the game at eight, but the Bulldogs ended the first quarter on a 7-1 run to go up by a score of 15-9.

The Bulldogs started off the second quarter with heavy pressure that forced two quick Viking turnovers. However, with five minutes left in the period, guard Bryan Joel nailed a three-point shot to pull the Vikings within two points. Although the boys came close, the Bulldogs ended the half on a 15-3 run that put them up 34-20.

Center Ian Ross started the second half of play with an offensive rebound that led to a lay up. However, poor ball movement and an aggressive Bulldog defense forced numerous turnovers that allowed Bullis to score 13 straight points. The Vikings only scored three points the entire quarter and ended the period down by a score of 50-23.

Small forward Andrew Castagnetti scored 6 points in the fourth quarter, and finished as the team’s leading scorer with 12. However, the Bulldogs proved too much for the Vikings and ended the game with a three-point shot that made the final score 62-35.

The boys will look to rebound from the loss when they take on the Einstein Titans on Dec. 15.