Cee Lo soars high with retro pop of “Lady Killer”

With his latest album, “The Lady Killer,” Cee Lo Green establishes himself as one of the decade’s most creative and original artists. No pop artists can match Green’s signature high-pitched voice and retro style.

Cee Lo's pose on the cover of "The Lady Killer" evokes his retro style. Cee Lo's hit, "F*** You," jumped to No. 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart by the end of October and stayed in the top 40 for three weeks. Photo courtesy http://cuindependent.com.

The first track, “Bright Lights Bigger City,” has “hit” written all over it. The song has everything, from a instantly recognizable chorus to a danceable 70s disco beat. Similarly, his shocking single, “F*** you,” is one of the best songs to get lots of airplay and reach the Top 40 in recent years. The song is extremely addictive and demands multiple listens.

The album production is flawless, all the instruments clear and balanced perfectly. Many fans were concerned when Green didn’t choose his longtime producer, Brian Burton, but Green struck gold with his new group of producers, including Paul Epworth and Salaam Remi.

The album maintains its momentum throughout the 14 tracks, never losing it’s catchiness and unique style. Green is back from his long awaited hiatus, and ready to take over the music world once again.