The best movies to watch to study for your AP history exam
A guide to the May 14th Primary Elections
HVAC system malfunction causes evacuation, disrupts student testing
Girls lacrosse falls to Sherwood 10–9 in county championships
Whitman ranked second-best high school in Maryland, 139th nationally
Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

Baseball falls to Magruder 10–9

In D.C., Roger Waters rocks “The Wall”

Former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters brought his band of musicians to the Verizon Center Oct. 10 for what could’ve been the best concert of the year. Waters played one of Pink Floyd’s legendary albums, “The Wall,” in its entirety and had a wall spanning the entire stage that crashed down during the finale.

Roger Waters takes the spotlight in front of his talented band and the "Wall." His vocals were pitch-perfect throughout the concert. Photo courtesy http://image.pollstar.com.

The concert had a very impressive use of effects, from video projections on the wall to a dynamic use of pyrotechnics. Waters, now 67-years-old, hasn’t seemed to age at all since Pink Floyd broke up in 1999. He hit every note with perfect accuracy and articulation; Waters was so good, in fact, that many fans were left wondering if he had lip synched the entire time.

Waters’ band included some extraordinary musicians, like guitar legends G.E. Smith from the Saturday Night Live band and Bob Dylan band, and Snowy White from Thin Lizzy. They pulled off every guitar solo with passion and grace.

The concert told a story within itself. It was a rock opera about a man who’s isolated from the world, which explains the wall between the performers and the audience. The idea for this came from a 1977 tour where Waters came up with the idea of building a physical wall between himself and the audience, much like the emotional wall he had built up over years of touring.

Waters put on a worthy spectacle. The stage and special effects, his vocals, and a band of talented musicians successfully gave “The Wall” the grandeur it deserves in concert.