Cross Country continues to perform well at DCXC

junior Aaron Bratt sprints his way to a second place finish. Photo courtesy of Mocorunning

By Matthew van Bastelaer

The cross country team won two of the eight races at the Pacers Running DCXC Invite last weekend at Kenilworth Park in DC. Each race was separated by grade and gender consisting of teams from all around the DMV area and Whitman finished in the top 25 teams of all but one race.  

The two winning teams were the junior boys, led by the top male runner, Aaron Bratt, and the sophomore girls, led by Alicia Lauwers. Bratt finished second in his race, and Lauwers finished fourth.

The team’s next meet is the Great American Cross Country Invitational at Wake Med Soccer Park in Cary, NC on Oct. 7.

About the Writer
Matthew van Bastelaer, Print Copy Editor
Grade

12

What are some of your interests?

Music, food, guitar, sports, Secret Santa gift exchanges

Why did you join the Black and White?

I joined the Black and White because I really enjoy being a member of a team and seeing the rewards of your efforts. I like interviewing people and doing a lot of reporting, unearthing the next piece of information or source. Now as a print copy editor, I'm looking forward to helping the writers write their stories and make them as accurate and interesting as possible.

What's your favorite vegetable?

Cucumber